12 August, 2005

Airborne annoyance

What is it with some people and sneezing?

I mean, sure, I understand that it's right dead in the middle of summer allergy season, so you're bound to have people sniffling, snorting, coughing, and generally sounding like the tuberculosis ward from hell. But come on. Is it strictly necessary to share your atomized mucous with everyone?

Mom taught me to cover my mouth and nose when I sneeze or cough. Later, a girlfriend taught me that all this does is to get your hands all germy. She trained me to sneeze or cough into my sleeve, but you know... that's for bonus points. What I don't get is folks like the guy in another set of cubicles, half a floor way, around a corner who--when he sneezes, it's "ht-CHUHHH!" Kind of the bronchial spasm equivalent of yelling "OO-RAH!" or doing a victory dance in the end zone.

What's to be so proud of that you've got to share it with the entire floor? You know... I'm just sayin'.

AND WHILE I'M AT IT...

Can't someone invent a container of yogurt that doesn't gleek all over the front of my shirt when I peel off the foil cover? Yeesh.

No comments:

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...