11 August, 2005

Random rhymes

Someone on one of my cycling forums was posting some Tour de France related limericks, and I just couldn't help trying my hand at a few rhymes of my own.

First, one about The Look:

Our hero Lance was looking weak
Herr Ullrich thought him not a factor
And yet he claimed the mountain's peak
That wily Armstrong--what an actor!

...and then a reference to Bob Roll's Kinetic ads that played during OLN's 2005 TdF coverage:

Our buddy Bob is on a roll
He takes to training in the nude
And though I fear this takes its toll
Don't get me wrong--I'm not a prude

It's just... I worry for the boy
In life there's peril and there's pain
Ride it, your kinetic toy
But Robert, please... do mind the chain


This last one--the only actual limerick of the bunch--has to do with the unfortunate photo of Pieter Weening that Yahoo! Sports ran for, like, 5 days after his stage win.

Poor Pieter Weening was caught
By an unlucky camera shot
While, to his chagrin,
He had stuck to his chin
A great gooey gobbet of... um. Never mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thos are stupied

Foo said...

Oh, how I do love a good irony.

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...