15 July, 2008

Offered reprieve, a concerned laborer exhales

At around 1pm today, I received an e-mail with an offer of employment. Same salary, slightly reduced job title.

I guess I didn't realize how unsure I really felt about my future, because I actually got choked up when the letter came.

Thanks again for all your prayers and support. Maybe I'll type aloud the name of my new employer, once I know how the company feels about this whole blogging thing. I've heard that some companies actually encourage it (but none I've ever worked for).

4 comments:

Bee said...

Oh, good for you Foo. YAY!!!

Does reduced job title also mean less responsibility? One can only hope, eh?

That Janie Girl said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!

May the transition go well!

Bee said...

I saw this cyclist youtube vid and thought of you and Turtle.

Enjoy!!

Foo said...

We had a town hall meeting (via webex) yesterday, and it sounds like there's going to be a lot of opportunity, along with the inevitable culture shock that must come when one goes from working for a 500-employee company to one with tens of thousands of employees worldwide.

@Bee: I've seen parts of that video before, but I can never make it all the way through. The consequences of even the smallest slip would be… painful. Call me overly empathic if you like, but watching her wheel around in ways that God – or, at least, the Wright Brothers – never intended makes my parts draw up.

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...