09 July, 2008

They like me! They really like me!

Okay, maybe that's overstating things just a bit, but I received an e-mail this morning from my manager that brightened my day. He says that I, along with the rest of my immediate project team, will not be among those to be laid off. I don't have any other details, since I've been off this week, trying to burn some floating holidays that I'll lose if I don't use them in a hurry. But knowing that I'm not about to become an unemployment statistic does a lot to settle my nerves.

Your prayers are working. Thank you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooo!

Mrs. Higrens said...

Settled nerves are great! Now you can really enjoy the time off without wondering if you should be position hunting.

Gwynne said...

I'm sure glad I dropped in to learn that you will keep your job. That kind of suspense is too stressful for me! Congratulations!

Foo said...

Thanks for the support, guys. Rumour has it that we're supposed to start getting our formal notification letters today. Everyone knows that good news doesn't count until you see it in print!

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...