16 November, 2008

Creative Pause

I've long felt that I do some of my most inspired thinking just after waking in the morning, while in the shower. On those occasions when I share this information with family or coworkers, the listener tends to smirk and imply that my inspirations may not be entirely technical in nature.

Which is why I was interested to find Cameron Moll's posting, “Why thinking in the shower may be an ideal model for ‘creative pause’” – and find comfort in knowing I'm not the only one.

Now… that dream I had last night about Madonna? That, I can't explain. Not that I need to – Turtle dreams of Vin Diesel and can't afford to be judgmental – but why couldn't it have been Jennifer Connelley or Diane Lane?

5 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Madonna?

Wow. She'd be a cougar to you, dude.

Foo said...

Now you're just trying to flatter me. Madonna's only two years older than I am.

Anne said...

I do my best thinking in the shower. What's up with that?

Tink said...

Ew, Madonna. She's all boney.

Foo said...

@anne: At least you know you're not alone.

@tink: My thoughts exactly. I mean, not bad looking for a woman her age, but… ew. There's any number of attractive women of a vintage comparable to mine – or, more to the point, Turtle's – so why'd it have to be The Material Girl? I've been creeped out by her ever since she put out that S&M book back in the mid-'90s.

At least when I have my zombie dreams, I know what that's about.

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...