21 March, 2007

Still cranking along

Anne's comment to another post, this morning, reminded me that I haven't darkened the doorway of this blog recently. Much of what's been keeping me away remains the same. However, part of it is the fact I've been publishing the only remotely postworthy material on the team blog I put together for my MS 150 teammates to share with our sponsors, and I just didn't think to repost the ride recaps here.

In brief (or in briefs, if that's the mental image you prefer), I had a couple really good training rides on back-to-back days, this past weekend. Both were roughly the same distance and pace, over similar routes, but with different groups. I more or less successfully reined in my inner Zoom-Zoom to keep my heart rate in the moderate zone, which meant that of the 2600-odd calories I burned, over 700 were straight from fat stores. From where I sit—which is to say "on the bike, laid back"—that's a good thing. Less weight to haul around; more Zoom-Zoom.

Work is still keeping me hopping. This has caused a few sleepless nights and, sometimes, longer hours, but considering that several more of my coworkers were laid off last week, in the wake of my company's recent acquisition, busy is better.

On the down side, my well of creativity (such as it is) drains straight into the computer code.

I did post up a YouTube video I found amusing but ended up taking it down. Like the joke about the robot bartender, the video was just too liable to spark political debate that I just don't have the time and energy to pursue.

But never fear: I'm still around, and I try to check in on you guys every couple days and post comments.

3 comments:

Tink said...

You need to come up with better excuses. Like, "Sorry I've been away..."

"...Turtle had me all tied up" hehe
"...I got peddling and couldn't stop. I'm currently blogging from the other side of the U.S."
"...Aliens abducted me."
"...If I tell you what I've been doing, I'd have to kill you."

Anonymous said...

Tink...hm...now that's an idea. Tied up. Oh honey!!!

Anne said...

I thought maybe he had gotten his pants caught in the chain.

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...