21 October, 2007

Where on earth are Foo and Turtle?



Despite the post title, my grand plan was less to make a real contest of it than to provide a place to drop some vacation photos. Unfortunately, after the first couple, the weather turned and there haven't been many photo ops.

It's been raining here, and when it's not raining it's so humid that when we went out for a while yesterday, all the store windows were steamed up. Last night (10/22), the waves were quite large - by my landlubber standards, at least - and all the "local" TV stations were issuing tornado watches. On the up side, the locals have really been needing the rain that we (apparently) brought with us from Texas.

Here's a quick shot out the door from this morning. I'm hoping I'll get to take some more interesting pictures before we leave this weekend.






11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know but the photo title isn't giving anything away.

I know for a fact that's not Pennsylvania.

That Janie Girl said...

I know for a fact that it's not Midland, Texas, either.

Puerto Vallarta???

That Janie Girl said...

I take PV back. I went there because of the blue water. I'll be back with another guess.

Y'all have fun!!!

That Janie Girl said...

Florida.

Bret said...

I didn't see any New York license plate tags on the cars, so I was going to reject the Florida guess, but am thinking that still could be right. Fort Lauderdale?

My second guess would be Edmonton.

So I'm hoping the first guess is right.

That Janie Girl said...

MLH & I even tried to enlarge the photo to check out the license plates, but I guess we failed the Sherlock Holmes test.

Waiting on another Foo Clue!

Jenn said...

Hawaii, me thinks.

I am so jealous, that place looks like heaven!

Tink said...

Oo! Oo! FLORIDA!

Am I right? ;)

Hehe.

That first picture is GORGEOUS. Hopefully you guys are having some better weather today. It's sunny and blue-skied here.

That Janie Girl said...

What? No contest? I brought WINE back for my contest winner.

Just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

Well, I could offer dinner with Foo & I in Texas. Of course, you'd be taking you life in your hands with my cooking. I'll have to discuss with Foo if there's a "contest".

No, it's not Pennsylvania. It's damned cold today, so it kinda feels like it tho.

Keep guessing. I'm enjoying reading the posts.

Bret said...

As any ornithologist knows, the seagulls featured in the beachfront picture are Atlantic Lesser Gulls, whose habitat is confined to the Georgia/South Carolina coast.

Unfortunately, I'm not an ornithologist -- nor do I play one on TV -- so Edmonton remains as logical a choice as any I'm coming up with here.

How about... Sanibel Island? Second choice, Hilton Head?

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...