06 October, 2007

Veteran Removes Illegal Mexican Flag

In Reno, Nevada, a local Veteran may be brought up on charges after cutting down a Mexican flag being flown illegally above the U.S. flag. A local television station had received numerous complaints from residents and went to investigate. When their reporter arrived, the Veteran took the opportunity to make a public statement. He quickly lowered the flags and used his army-issue knife to cut them down, taking possession of the U.S. flag and leaving the Mexican flag where it fell.
The man commented "I'm Jim Brossert and I took this flag down in honor of my country with a knife from the United States army. I'm a veteran, I am not going to see this done to my country. if they want to fight us, then they need to be men, and they need to come and fight us, but I want somebody to fight me for this flag. They're not going to get it back."
Link (Infowars.net)

According to the Infowars article, similar events have been reported in Maywood, CA., Tucson, Arizona, and Jupiter, Florida.

Earlier this year, there was a flap when it was discovered that someone had climbed the broadcast tower of a local conservative talk radio station and planted a Mexican flag there. It took a couple days to get someone to climb up and take it down, during which time the radio station faced fines for the infraction.

Call me reactionary, but I can't help feeling a bit like we're under siege and just too polite to do much about it. Except for Jim Brossert, I mean.

A tip of the hat to Cowtown Patty.

7 comments:

rcarlino said...

Thanks Foo, that's an interesting post, for a change. Oops, sorry. I hate cats and I get more than enough code at work.

Damn, there's that edgy side of my online persona. I better go see Dr Phil about this. :-)

Anonymous said...

Carlino...I can't believe you "hate cats." Tsk. Tsk. Guess I can't socialize with you at events any longer. Cats are so misunderstood.

Tink said...

I just had the most brilliant idea! I'm going to go around town and hang panties from all the flagpoles. Then people will really be scared. "First Mexican flags and then underwear? What's it all mean?!"

rcarlino said...

Turtle, you'll have to excuse me but I'm biased towards cats. I grew up in a household full of cats. My parents were fond of cats and had as many as 12 of the varmits at one point. They shed fur, scratched the furniture, threw up hair-balls on the carpet, and pissed on the drapes. Sorry, but I'm failing to see the redeeming qualities here.

I suppose leeches, scorpions, and death adders are fine too as long as you "understand" them. :-)

Anne said...

Thanks for the flag information. I'm so out of it sometimes. I'm too busy to watch the news (which is liberal anyway - oops).

Have you been to this site? I'm too lazy to post this rightly so here's all the garbage: http://www.FreeRepublic.com

Lance Notstrong said...

Great post......I've had it with all the "PC" crap.

That Janie Girl said...

Great post...

Btw, you've been tagged!

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...