11 November, 2007

Artwork of note(s)

For those of us who just can't get enough of secret codes and fine art and music, there's a new twist on Leonardo Da Vinci's "The Last Supper".
Discovery News : Discovery Channel: "[R]ather than conspiracy theories, the new code points to a hidden musical score, a sacred text and a three-dimensional chalice."
The first I'd heard of this theory was this morning, while I was watching ABC's Good Morning America. Although they did play a bit of the composition in the clip, they apparently felt that the reporter's running line of chatter was more important than the music, which was relegated to background noise. However, there's a video on their site that will allow you to hear a bit, if you're interested. I can't link directly to the clip, as it's obfuscated by JavaScript; however, you can find it by going here and looking for the Nov. 9 video in the search results.

Pala's theory is not without its detractors, of course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've diagnosed your personality over at my blog

Avery Gray said...

I don't buy it. You look hard enough at anything, you'll see what you want to see. It would make a cool story, though. He should have held out for the rights.

Mrs. Higrens said...

Why am I reminded of the music played on the bone organ in "The Goonies"?

(BTW, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Though, after reading about some of the first political campaigns held in America, I've realized that negativity is nothing new.)

Tink said...

I LOVE this. I want to hear it!

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...