04 November, 2007

Handy as a pocket on a shirt

Back in August, I posted about my choice of utility over fashion, when it comes to dressing myself. Today, I have further anecdotal evidence.

It's about 80° here today, so Turtle and I went out for one of our customary bike tours of our neighborhood and those surrounding. The smell of beef on someone's grill smelled really good, so when we got back to the house we decided we'd have burgers for lunch. Still in my cycling jersey and shorts, I was doing my usual balancing act with a plate of burger patties, spatula, and three different bottles of seasonings. I approached the kitchen door with no free hand to turn the knob, and it suddenly dawned on me that my cycling jersey had three pockets in the back.

Three pockets. Three bottles of seasonings. Problem solved.

I wonder if someone makes a cycling jersey with "Kiss the cook" printed across the chest.

2 comments:

Anne said...

How do you reach a pocket on your back?

Foo said...

Easy. It's the part of the back closest to my waist. Only a hop, skip, and a jump from where my wallet lives (when I'm not wearing bike shorts, at least).

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...