03 May, 2007

Foo needs...

No one actually tagged me, but Gwynne posted this meme, and I thought it would be fun. Go to Google and type in your name, followed by the word "needs."

  • Foo needs a Bar to do some or all of it's work. You'll get no argument from me. However, I do object to your misuse of punctuation, as well as being reduced to an 'it'.
  • Foo needs to actually perform, say in certain cases First only, in others Second only, in others yet, First then Second (if Foo never needs to call Second before, and First after, on its argument, then its unit-tests will not exercise that path). Your lips move, but I can't hear what you say.
  • Foo$ needs. You've got that a little backwards. It's "Foo needs $."
  • Foo needs to be abstract. Now you're just stating the obvious.
  • External callers will have no idea that Foo needs swapped arguments. Maybe, but I find that having any kind of conversation with a telemarketer is rather like talking to a brick wall.
  • Foo needs lots of extra page reads. Because it feels good to be needed.
  • Foo needs to know how to provide a Bar. Look... if you let me know you're coming, I'll have some Shiner Bock on ice. If you want something with fruit or an umbrella, consult a professional.
  • Foo needs to be shared between multiple components. Forget it. I'm, like, totally monogamous.
  • Foo needs a stronger incentive. I said FORGET. IT.
  • Foo needs to be foo. What else can I be but who I am?
  • silly-foo-needs-meme.html — mumble mumble I resemble that remark.

I could go on, but I have things to do. Love ya... buh-bye.

10 comments:

Tink said...

Foo need to be a foo. *Snort* Wise words there.

Gwynne said...

Spectacular! I especially liked the Who's on First argument.

And by the way, I did actually tag you for a meme you never performed, in case you are not feeling needed enough after this exercise. ;-)

WV: "ogrowp" As if the whole "needs" meme is juvenile or something? pfft. Growing up is for old people.

Foo said...

Tink: I yam what I yam.

Gwynne: Sorry I missed the tag. I sure will be glad when my schedule lets up so I can get back to keeping up with my favorite blogs.

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO I like your responses so much I did a google + needs for "Turtle." The most perverse...Turtle needs a booty call. Uh...no thanks. Otherwise, kinda funny. Turtle needs light to bask. Sounds good to me!

Tink said...

I couldn't resist. Here's mine:

"Tink needs a vibe" (erator?)
"Tink needs a ton of Pixie Dust"
"Tink needs help!!"
"Tink needs a leash." (You can try!)
"Tink needs Peter all to herself"
"Tink needs a dubee."

Anonymous said...

uhhhh, ok I'll try it but I don't think it's going to say anything other than I need a booty call

Lou said...

Someone needs to repost the URL for the meme - this sounds like fun!

Bret said...

Foo needs...

Congratulations for completing the MS 150!

Well done, and huzzah, and all that!

Ready to do the San Antonio-Corpus run? :-)

Jenn said...

You did a good thing doing the race. Bless you!!

I would have commented on your nice little collage but there are no 'comment here' buttons on your latest post. (??) But hey, Foo needs some extra page reads, so you'll get them with people looking for a comment link.

WV: WIIBICRO
Well, you do fly along on your bike. What's your take on road kill?

Foo said...

Badoozie: Sorry. Can't help you with your... ehm... needs. You're about seven years too late for that.

Sounds like you've already got a notion about how to put out that fire, though.

Turtle: Now your booty call is another matter entirely.

Lou: I don't remember seeing a URL for the meme. It is just as simple as what I described, though. Just Google for "Lou needs" and have fun with the results.

Emma: Thanks for the congratulations, and for the heads up on the missing link (sorry, I had to say it). I hadn't even noticed there wasn't one and just figured everyone was tired of me and my blahblahblah about bike riding!

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...