11 November, 2005

Carbon dreams

I'm generally pretty realistic about the relatively narrow strip where my materialistic dreams and my finances intersect. I also know I'll probably never be enough of a rider to justify a really bling bike.

But a guy can dream, can't he? I was out at the Trek site and started playing around with the configurator tool for their Project One bikes. I really like their custom "Pave Flambé" and "Flying Ace" paint schemes, but if I were going to go with the custom flame job option, I'd go for one of these:



It's for the best that the Madone and Pilot lines are so far beyond me. I'd probably be so mesmerized by the sheer gorgeousness of such a bike that I'd be looking at the paint job instead of the road, hit a pothole, and then throw myself in front of Billy Ray Bob's monster truck when I couldn't live with the knowledge that I'd dinged my steed.


Now playing: Stone Free: A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix.

No comments:

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...