29 November, 2005

Back in the saddle

It's the first day back to work after my extended Thanksgiving holiday. I cringed ever so slightly as I returned to my cubicle, wondering why hadn't someone tidied up while I was gone. Yes, it was with some trepidation that I fired up the workstation, then Outlook, expecting to find my in box chock-full of trouble tickets, circular design discussions, and pleas from accounting to get my timesheet in on time; but I was pleasantly surprised to find none of that.

Sure, the e-mail detailing this year's erosion of the company's health plan was a bit of a downer, but nothing to harsh my tryptophan-induced mellow.

1 comment:

Bret said...

Yeah... I'm gonna need those TPS reports on my desk by, like, 3 o' clock, m'kay? Great, thanks.

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...