11 November, 2005

Tool of the day

I conceived the "tool of the day" posts as a means to vent my spleen over the churlish behavior I witness every day on my commute. Imagine my surprise when my first "tool of the day" ironically turned out to be not some clown in a giant pickup truck but a guy on a bright yellow road bike, wearing a gaudy red jersey with yellow stars all over it.

At 5pm, as I was on my way home this evening, I watched as this guy rolled the red light at Angel and Exchange. It wasn't your garden variety roll either. Instead of getting in the left turn lane with the rest of us who were headed up Angel, this guy rolled up to the light, squeaked to the right, and rolled slowly across both lanes of traffic in the crosswalk before swinging left and heading up Angel.

And we, as cyclists, have the nerve to get our feelings hurt when drivers behave aggressively toward us? Hey... I wanted to run the guy down.

What a tool.

No comments:

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...