15 December, 2005

Five Random Facts

Over at My Gobhole, Susie posted her Five Random Facts. I rarely pass up an opportunity to embarrass myself, so here are mine:
  1. There are three degrees of separation between Kevin Bacon and me, as a consequence of my speaking role in a low-budget horror movie called Hauntedween.
  2. I am a cancer survivor.
  3. I used to really enjoy Hallowe'en.* Now, not so much.
  4. I like it when I have money, but I hate the way anything to do with money attracts red tape. Yes, it's that time of year when I have to fill out all those benefits and 401K forms again.
  5. I enjoy karaoke night.


(Not a nun.)

*
One year, I attended a party dressed as a nun. Spending the evening with a bottle of Old No. 7 in one hand and a cigarette in the other (an occasional but unfortunate vice I've since given up) has most likely added a commensurate period to my time in purgatory.

Another year, I dressed as a creature that one might describe as the love child of David Bowie and Paul Stanley. Witnesses understandably found this disturbing; however, I don't foresee it having an impact on my afterlife.

5 comments:

Foo said...

Actually, I hand coded the links. The comment box doesn't allow a lot of formatting tags, but <a> is one of them, fortunately.

For example, coding the following:

Go to <a href="http://www.google.com">Google</a>

produces

Go to Google

It's very basic HTML, which is handy only so long as you happen to know some very basic HTML.

I, on the other hand, don't know what "tagging" is, so I suppose we're even. And hallowe'en... well, as I've gotten older it just seems like more effort than it's worth to get all dressed up when (as you say) my everyday appearance is frightening enough.

Anne said...

I, like Susie, am jelous about the links. Thanks for the tip. Interesting picture!!

Hey, what's tagging?

And Susie, Gene is killing me!!

Anne said...

Oops, been typin' funny after postin' to uncle joe's blog.

"jealous"

I'm trying a link - wonder if it works?

Lou said...

Nice pic....

Whistle Britches said...

Thanks for stopping by. I don't know how I missed your site but will definitely come back. I actually watched my old vhs of Somewhere In Time the other day and probably watched it 100 times in the eighties. I've never admitted that in public before, but I think it was because of Jane Seymour.

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...