04 December, 2005

Party yawn, Garth

I dragged myself and my wife out to the company's (bite me, lefties) Christmas party last night. I don't know whether I'm just getting old and tired, if the company party and my co-workers are getting old and tired, or a combination of both. All I know is that we had a lot more fun just having dinner with friends after church (but before the party) than at the party itself.

Over the years, it seems like the ever-shrinking group of co-workers who are also friends have stopped coming to the party. Most of those who do come are the newer employees from other office locations and acquired companies. I'm not a glad-handing, networking salesman type, so I'm not apt to walk up and start a conversation with these strangers, and you can be quite certain they'd never come up to me. So really, last night was a political appearance intended to avoid a black mark in the "not a team player" box.

We came, we ate a couple dessert-type things, and then we grabbed one of the wait staff to lead us back through the extremely gross kitchen, down the freight elevator, and out the door to freedom.

1 comment:

Lou said...

Well - at least you showed up for the party!
And, as a card-carrying lefty (i.e. liberal) - MERRY CHRISTMAS - LOL

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...