16 November, 2006

A palm tree, DVDs, and thee

I wasn't going to do this. I really wasn't. I'm far too indecisive about such things, which is really my way of saying that I have a hard time thinking of what movies I've actually seen. On the other hand, that should make things easier since the ones I do remember must've made an impression.

Here's my list of the movies I'd choose to take along if I knew I were going to be exiled stranded on a desert island:
  • Western - Tombstone
  • Horror - Saving Private Ryan (hey... I was horrified)
  • Sci-Fi - Serenity
  • Musical - Rocky Horror Picture Show (I loathe musicals, generally)
  • Comedy - Monty Python's Holy Grail
  • War - Red Dawn
  • Action - Hellboy
  • Foreign - The Triplets of Bellville
  • Classic (before 1960) - The Magnificent Seven
  • Documentary - Ride With The Devil (not technically a documentary, but praised as being historically accurate)
  • Bonus Pick (any genre) - Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels

6 comments:

Leslee said...

I could probably handle your video collection, I love Rocky Horror and Monty Python, but I really think you should take some Mystery Science Theater 3000s. That's some entertainment.

Tink said...

In order...

Seen it, hated it, loved it, own it, laughed my ass off during it, never heard of it, LOATHED it (but also Hoop's favorite), No idea, thought it was well done, interested in it, want to own it.

Gwynne said...

Glad to see I'm not alone in picking Rocky Horror, although it probably outperforms as a musical, vs. a horror flick. Good choices, all.

Jenn said...

I just came over from 'randomly walking' and I would agree, hard to choose which ones would be favorites.

Lou said...

I'd want Miracle...in case you ever got rescued off of that deserted ialdn - LOL

Anonymous said...

Horror - Saving Private Ryan (hey... I was horrified)

Bonus Pick (any genre) - Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels


I'm in the sandy seat next to you, my friend...!!!! (SPR horrified ME, too...)

Paul

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...