Driving to work, a gentleman had to swerve to avoid a box that fell out of a truck in front of him.
Seconds later, a policeman pulled him over for reckless driving. Fortunately, another officer had seen the carton in the road. The policemen stopped traffic and recovered the box. It was found to contain large upholstery tacks.
"I'm sorry, sir," the first trooper told the driver, "but I am still going to have to cite you."
Amazed, the driver asked for what.
"Tacks evasion."
(Don't blame me. This one came from my buddy Jimmy, in Ireland.)
The senses consume. The mind digests. The blog expels.
Certain individuals keep telling me that I should be a writer (Hi Mom). This is probably as close as I'll ever come to making that happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Crying Fowl
This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...
-
The bad news: I can only send e-mail from my Road Runner e-mail accounts using SMTP from my home computers. When I'm at work (which is...
-
Bret 's comments about unlikely musical pairings reminded me of a CD I heard about from an old Fidonet acquaintance. It's called Wh...
-
Lots going on, some of it noteworthy, not much of it particularly entertaining. Still, the company I work for completed its "merger...
1 comment:
hoo ha ha hoo ha ha hoo!
Post a Comment