20 March, 2006

We all float down here

In case anyone was worried, Turtle and I remained high (elevation-wise) and dry. Up in Allen, we got a little over four inches of rain over Saturday and Sunday, but we were spared most of the heavy rains that pummelled Dallas.

For me, it was kind of a bad news/good news/bad news situation. Bad news, because I didn't get to get in a bike ride this weekend. Good news, because being stuck inside all weekend meant that I could spend some time setting up that new computer that had been sitting in its box since last Monday. Bad news, because having set up the computer, I had to leave everything shut down and unplugged because of all the lightning we were having.

I did have a great Sunday afternoon nap, though. I fell asleep during some cheesy movie on the Sci Fi Channel—Lou Diamond Phillips putting paid to some kind of zombies that lived under the road—and awoke to furry dependent the younger sleeping on my stomach and Jason Voorhees killing off everyone on a space ship.

I'm not quite sure how Jason ended up on a space ship, but the question didn't cost me more than a moment's thought as I hauled my carcass off the sofa and took my unfurrowed brow for a shuffle to the kitchen for one of Turtle's fiendishly addictive oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds like a pretty good weekend. I got surprised with a birthday party Saturday night. If I get loose from the HubbaKids long enough today I will post about it. Right now they're screaming for oatmeal.

Foo said...

Well, happy birthday! I'm not much for celebrating my own birthdays, but I would have worn a party hat for yours.

Tink said...

"We all float down here." *Shudder* Do you know, I used to own that movie. The cover was completely masked over by stickers. The pictures of that damn clown horrified me. Now I watch movies like "Saw" and "The Hills Have Eyes."

I LOVE Sunday naps.

Foo said...

Susie: Yes, just one cookie. But that doesn't mean I didn't go back for another one later.

Tink: Thanks for playing. I never saw It, but I read the book. That was creepy enough.

Jenn said...

that is a LOT of rain, even for Portland up here.

are you still floating???

we got some gorgeous sun, I hope to see more of it today. Im tired of rusting here!

Foo said...

We got about 4 inches of rain, but we really didn't notice a lot of flooding up here. 25 miles to the sound, in Dallas, it was more like 7+ inches, and it got bad.

I didn't wash away; I've just been doing most of my blogging on other people's comment pages.

Turtle said...

Your audience is getting a little impatient, Foo. We need more fodder to chew on. Cough some up, bud. I know it's in there. After all, I love you babe! *kof* 'Scuse me. Hairball. I love you, sweetie. Really! *big cheesy grin*

Anne said...

Are you still over here floating or have you drownded?

Yes, please give us something to chew on! Something besides a cat treat.

Lou said...

love that cheesy turtle grin!

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...