02 June, 2006

Rolling along, singing a song

It's not called Singer-poor for nothing...
Out of Singapore's 20,000 taxis on the road, Jeffrey Tan's is arguably the most memorable.

Having put a hi-tech karaoke machine in his cab, customers are all together too happy to keep the metre running on their journeys with Tan.
Link (video)

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! We had some darned fine drivers during our cruise, but if this guy had been around instead of Moms Mabley the voodoo priestess, I'd have flagged him down quicker than you could say, "Hi... I'm Johnny Cash."

4 comments:

Turtle said...

Interesting concept. I don't think I could handle being the cab driver, having to listen to really bad singers. The acoustics must be awful in that cab. Wonder if he carries ear plugs?

I ended up spending at least another 1/2 hour (or more probably) looking at all those videos. Some interesting stories.

Ste7en said...

OMG, that's hilarious! I already entertain the masses in slow moving traffic to and from work. Sucks to be someone next to me with all my windows down and me bleating out Shinedown or Nirvana or Pearl Jam. LOL

Foo said...

Steven: Maybe you could work that to your advantage. Put a sign in the side window that says, "Is my singing too loud? Give me money so I can fix my A/C."

Ste7en said...

I love that idea!

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...