25 May, 2006

Big Red Button

First of all, let me just clear the air* and admit that I still find this thingummy to be outrageously funny.

Don't ask me why; I don't have an answer.

On a more practical note, I wish someone would install a saucer-sized red button just inside the doorway of the men's room where I work.

I don't mean to say that I work in the men's room, though far be it from me to deny inspiration wherever it strikes. I just know that there are times when I walk through that door and wish there were a big red button I could slam with the palm of my hand. An alarm would sound, and the interior lighting would switch to red. The toxic atmosphere would be vented out of doors to share airspace with the smell of boiled goat colon, and a battery of atomisers would fill the air with the scent of oranges or clove. A sultry but kind feminine voice would then report when untainted oxygen had once more reached breathable levels.

Big Red Button. Good Thing™.


* Foreshadowing.

5 comments:

Turtle said...

Okay...it's funny. Couldn't stop pushing it to find out how long it would go before repeating. I then lost interest and went off somewhere else. Go figure.

Should I send a can of Lysol disinfectant to work with you tomorrow? Perhaps one of those blue masks you use for cutting the lawn? Some yellow rubber gloves to go along with both of those?

Foo said...

Oh? I stumbled on a discussion that told where to find the white button but said that the web site it was supposed to take you to no longer exists.

Doggone it, now I'll have to go back and actually try it...

Foo said...

Fibber.

Anne said...

Well I pressed it, and pressed it, and pressed it. I was about to give up but I hung in there.

So, you wear a mask when you mow the grass?

Foo said...

No, I don't wear a mask when I mow. It's not the same.

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...