11 May, 2006

There's no "I" in team

...so I'm going this one solo.

I wasn't tagged with this meme, but I saw it over on Fire Ant Gazette and thought it looked like more fun than trying to come up with something original.
  • I AM the firstborn among my siblings, and I have the neuroses to prove it.
  • I WANT enough money to live comfortably but not so much that I have to spend a lot of time thinking about how to manage it.
  • I WISH my coworkers were equipped with a mute button.
  • I HATE waking up 10 minutes before the alarm is going to go off.
  • I MISS the toilet bowl, sometimes.
  • I HEAR the neighbor kids outside, screaming like they're being skinned alive and having a ball.
  • I WONDER what it would be like to be over 6' tall and whether God really has a beard.
  • I REGRET all of the harsh words I've ever spoken to my wife and my parents. And I regret my fear of taking risks.
  • I AM NOT as pedantic in real life as I seem in text. In real life, I'm much worse.
  • I DANCE only when the alternative is death by midget cannibals.
  • I CRY only around my wife, and then I'm embarrassed about it.
  • I AM NOT ALWAYS in a bad mood.
  • I MAKE WITH MY HANDS strange, mystic sigils in the air to reinforce otherwise indecipherable monologue.
  • I WRITE things pretty much the way they spill out of my brain.
  • I CONFUSE Samuel L. Jackson with Lawrence Fishburn, sometimes, but not because I can't tell them apart.
  • I NEED a vacation.
  • I SHOULD learn to keep my mouth shut and listen, and not be That Guy.
  • I START to fall asleep by around 10pm every night, regardless of whether I have to get up early in the morning or not.
  • I FINISH about 70% of the sentences I
  • I TAG Neil Gaiman, Turtle, Tink, and Leadfoot.

9 comments:

Anne said...

I borrowed your meme. My feeling's are hurt that you didn't tag me though.

The "toilet bowl"?

Foo said...

Anne: Oh come on now, don't be like that. I didn't get tagged either (which is fine, since I kind of prefer to pick and choose anyway). Besides, I figured that you and Susie would get tagged by someone else. Poor Leadfoot really hasn't gotten out of first gear yet, and he and his wife have been sending me this kind of questionnaire for years. I might learn something about my wife. Neil Gaiman almost certainly won't participate, but I'm certain his responses would be very entertaining, if he did. Tink... well, Tink just cracks me up.

And yes, the toilet bowl. I did mention I write things just as they come out of my head, right?

Did you think I'd say something like "I MISS the days when you could send your kids outside to play and ride bikes around the neighborhood without worrying they'd end up an episode of Law & Order SVU or on the back of a milk carton"? That would have been nostalgic, or mushy, and then I'd have some of yis giving me the business for that.

Ahhh. Vacation time, almost.

Turtle said...

Yippee! I'm no longer a TAG virgin! Thanks, sweetie. *smooch* I have posted a reply.

Oh...I can tag Anne! :)

Anne: I tag you!

Anne said...

Thanks Turtle! I can feel my feelings mending.

What is "yis"?

Foo said...

"Yis" is like "y'all" to southerners and "you guys" to northerners. I think it must be something I heard my wife say.

Tink said...

"I WISH my coworkers were equipped with a mute button." No kidding! Fast forward and pause would be nice too.

"I AM NOT as pedantic in real life as I seem in text. In real life, I'm much worse." Why the hell are you making me think on a FRIDAY Foo? *Goes off to look up "pedantic"* Oh for cryin' out loud. If you mean the "dry, dull, or egotistic" def. then I'm going to have to disagree. But I can definitely agree with "intellectual." Are you also "highfalutin, flowery, squaresville, highbrow, or schmaltzy?" Geesh. I need a new dictionary.

"I DANCE only when the alternative is death by midget cannibals." What if it's WITH a midget cannibal?

I got the meme saved as a draft for Monday. :)

Foo said...

Tink: Dancing with a midget cannibal—especially slow dancing—strikes me as just begging for something unpleasant to happen. Paint your own mental image; I'm not going there.

Unfortunately, I probably won't get to see Monday's meme posting, unless I remember to go looking for it after I come home and turn the blog on again. Do well. :)

Tink said...

Where are you going Foo?! :(

Jenn said...

You aren't That Guy. I promise. You might qualify for That Smart Guy but never That Guy.

Have you been lurking and not commenting? Have I made you mad? Made fun of your former mullet sporting self and your Star Spangled cycling spandex far too many times? Has my pen waxed borishly pedantic? Do I ask too many questions?

Crying Fowl

This morning, at the end of this week's obligatory commute to the office, I turned in to the driveway and was accosted by the biggest ho...